Monday, July 9, 2012

here, where the Spirit of the Lord is

One of the things that most excited me about coming to Discipleship Training School was the teaching. We get to learn about Jesus and the Bible for at least five hours every day. In the past week, we've learned about prayer, intercessory prayer, hearing the voice of God, having a serving heart, and the creative ways to have a quiet time with God daily.

At the same time, we've briefly touched on the spiritual warfare that is taking place here in London. A lot of churches shy away from this topic, but it is real. We live in the Borough of Brent, where English people are in a minority. There is a mosque just down the street from a Hindu worship centre, and there are churches in between. There are also satanists, and apparently a curse has been placed on this house before. We are fighting a very real battle here in London, a battle to win hearts, not just from apathy, but from other gods. Every time I pop round to the shop, I see women in burkas. I see crazed men ranting on street corners. I see children with wide eyes and wondering hearts.

The whole YWAM team, and our DTS specifically, is in need of prayer. My fellow DTSers and I are a bit overwhelmed by knowing that we've come into the midst of spiritual warfare, but at the same time, God is equipping us. I am also learning about the manifest Spirit, and I am eager to see how that manifestation works out in the weeks to come.

However, it's not all heavy stuff happening here. We do work duties daily, which is the hour in which everybody cleans. I clean the living room daily. While I do it, I sing and listen to music and praise God. It's a great way to show love to those around me.

We also go to central London sometimes. Last night, I went to an organ concert and the evening service at Westminster Abbey. Worshiping God in a place that has been His for a thousand years was amazing.

I am so blessed to be here, and so thankful for all of your prayers and support.

And now, as you probably guessed, it is picture time!

 the bunting in Chinatown.

the whole DTS at the London Eye.

 A street in our neighborhood.

Jason, Valaurie, and me on the bus.

 My silhouette at the Eye.

 A touristy photo

The view from our rooftops.

No comments:

Post a Comment