Thursday, July 19, 2012

Learning the Mission

We have been in intensive teaching all week, because the Olympics start next week, and we will be doing outreach for the entire three weeks of it. The teachings have been really heavy, and all of us have been handed a lot from God that we have to sort through and confess and release.

Last night, after an intense day of teaching, my small group and I went to the Salvation Army's soup kitchen. Since we live in a community where English are in the minority, there were a lot of languages and ethnicities there. I sat at the tables and began talking to the men. I met one man who said he was the devil, but after a few moments, he let me pray for his seventeen year old son, who he wishes would get on the straight and narrow.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but in that moment that I was praying for Perry, the man's son, and holding his hand, I felt the most at home that I have in years. It's amazing to be here, in the middle of God's plan, and to be giving my time to tell others about Him.

It's been a hard week, and it will be even harder once Olympic Outreach starts, but we are doing it all for God and for His glory. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for all the incredible things you are doing with, for, and through God. You're in my prayers darling.

    ReplyDelete